A shared interest in philanthropy can bring families and couples closer together and honor the legacy of those who came before. Sometimes miscommunication, misunderstanding or differences in family culture can derail discussions, frustrate participants and stall philanthropic decision-making.
Philanthropy Associates works with couples and families to help them clarify philanthropic goals and the values and assumptions underlying them. We know the questions to ask and we know how to listen — for the subtle shifts that can maximize satisfaction for all.
Our strategies for strengthening communication and decision-making include training and consultation in:
- ‘Philanthrotherapy’© - helping untangle your relationship to wealth
- Listening for cognitive and emotional meaning
- Speaking in ways others can hear and take in
- Group dynamics
- ‘Difficult conversations’ guidance
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Mediation and conflict resolution
- Personalized coaching
- Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator (MBTI) assessments and coaching
We are experts at building mutual understanding and genuine agreements among couples and increasing collaboration within families. Please contact us if you would like help making your philanthropic giving as effective and meaningful as it can be.